In this article, we include the transcript and presentation slides from a recent free webinar that examines Jurisdictional Derogations under the National Energy Retail Law.
By Alex Silcock, Senior Paralegal and Regulatory Advisor, Compliance Quarter
Queensland, New South Wales, South Australia, Australian Capital Territory and Tasmania
What is the National Energy Consumer Framework (NECF)?
- NECF consists of the National Energy Retail Law (NERL) and the National Energy Retail Rules.
- Adopted by all States in the NEM except Victoria which operates under the Victorian Energy Retail Code.
- Derogations in each jurisdiction.
National Energy Retail Law (Local Provisions) Regulations 2013
New South Wales
National Energy Retail Law (Adoption) Act 2012 – Schedule 1; and
NERL (Adoption) Regulation 2013
- Consumption threshold – NERL (Adoption) regulation – CI 4
- Paper Bill charges – NERR Rule 35A
- Market Monitor -NERL (Adoption) regulation 8A-8E
- Early termination fees – NERR Rules 73A and 49A
- Waiver of late payment fees -NERR Rule 73(2)
S 22A AND 23A of the NERL (Queensland) relate to Regional Queensland and the retailer obligation to adhere to the notified prices set by the QCA and give notice to their customers when these CHANGE.
Source: Queensland Competition Authority – Final determination Regulated retail electricity prices for 2017-18 June 2017
National Energy Retail Law (Queensland) Act 2014; and
National Energy Retail Law (Queensland) Regulation 2014
National Energy Retail Law (Tasmania) Act 2012; and
National Energy Retail Law (Tasmania) Regulations 2012
- Deemed contract obligations – NERL Tasmania s I7A
- Consumption threshold – NERL Tasmania s 22; and NERL regulations Tasmania CI 7.
- Late payment fees -NERL Tasmania s19
If you’d like to discuss this presentation in more detail or ask questions, please click here to contact the team. We continue to post articles, analysis and provide free webinars for the Australian energy sector – our Compliance HUB customers also benefit from additional content, monthly industry analysis specific to their business and a host of technology developed to assist in the easy management of their compliance program. Click here to email us directly and learn more about how we can help.